Thursday, March 23, 2017

I want, I have, I am

After a long day (woke up at 5:30 to go to immigration for Calla's visa) followed by a poor night's sleep - mosquitoes, heat, nightmares, today turned out to be one of "those days." At breakfast, we began our litany of "wish we hads" and it continued...

I want a house that's not cement with a garden and a yard;
I want trees and grass and a swing;
I want a dog and some goats;
I want spring and autumn;
I want quiet outside, no traffic zooming by my house;
I want real ice cream available for milkshakes to cope with the heat;
I want opportunities to learn Thai;
I want friends.
But instead, I need to focus on what I have...

I have a headache and an upset stomach;
I have ant bites, mosquito bites, I-don't-even-know-what bites;
I have laundry to bring in off the line, laundry in the basket to fold, diapers to hang up;
I have four students whose schooling was not completed today;
I have six people who are always needing to be fed;
I have a room with an air-condition, four children understanding Mommy's need for rest;
I have a baby smiling at me;
I have opportunities to share Christ by how I live my life;
I have a God to strengthen, uphold, even love me;
I have more than enough.

I am loved;
I am forgiven;
I am filled with the Spirit;
I am wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend;
I am needed, desired, cherished;
I am whole.



No comments:

Post a Comment