Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Expecting God's Best

This past year has been a year of change and surprises. We began the year with much uncertainty. The Lord promised me a year of blessings, and I believed but wasn't sure what kind of blessings He meant. We began church services in Tawipon Church, a challenge and also a blessing. We had a wonderful week long vacation in the jungle with my parents - splashing in waterfalls, hiking, relaxing, roasting hot dogs and the marshmallows we splurged on over campfires. We made multiple trips to Laos for visa runs and finally ended up moving 800 km away from everything and everyone we've ever known in Thailand. But that's where the blessings kicked up a notch....

You know how God blessed us with our home. I can't stop feeling so amazed and thankful for this. This school year has also been a blessing with a new outlook, support group, and curriculum (more about this in the future). We've been blessed with a church that has a heart for the lost, the poor, the weak, the neglected. We've been blessed with ministries at home, at church, at the university. We've been blessed with new friends. A few of the kids and I even got a quick trip to Oregon to see so many family members. And my parents were here for their first tropical Christmas! I have to admit, when God promised a year of blessings, I underestimated His generosity. This year has refreshed me and given me new strength for the challenges ahead.

When I think I pray about this year, the word that comes to mind is "expectant." I expect God to do great things: in my heart, in my family, in Tha Sala, in those for whom I'm praying. There are a lot of unknowns in 2019 but also many opportunities. As with every year, there will be many unexpected happening, but I know that God will use it all for His glory.

As I sit here with a feverish little one in my lap, three children running up and down the stairs, and my oldest writing in her notebook, I am excited for what this year will bring. God always gives good gifts, and I expect the best from Him.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment